Douglas Game Day Event Staff (CURRENT AND ONGOING)
Douglas College Athletics is seeking enthusiastic, passion for sport-minded individuals with an focus on customer service to help join our Game Day Events team.
Be part of the action and play a key part in creating an exciting atmosphere for participants, spectators, and community at all of the Royals’ basketball and volleyball home games.
Shifts are typically on weekends and evenings through the course of the season (September-March).
- Ability to work within a team
- Provide exceptional customer service with strong inter-personal and communication skills
- Knowledge of basketball and volleyball game rules. i.e. FIBA / FIVA
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Active participant in problem solving
- Capable of multi-tasking and managing multiple priorities
- Ability to stand and sit for extended periods of time; ability to lift and move equipment as required
- High degree of attention to detail
- Work within a fast paced environment
- Great with time management skills
- Cash handling experience is an asset
- Understanding how to use a digital / electronic scoreboard. i.e. Daktronics. Neveco, etc. is an asset
- Passion for sports, recreation, professional development and growth
- Highly motivated
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and some holidays with a flexible schedule
- Attend training session/orientations
- Willingness to commit to least the entire season (September 1st – March 31st)
- Ability to arrive on-time at the venue as identified by the Athletics Events Assistant
Be attentive at all times; do not allow friends to visit or distract you while you work.
Cell phones use is limited during game time
Announcers - This position is the VOICE of the Royals, which plays a very important role during our game operations. You will introduce teams, announce the score, promote and explain events, and thank sponsors. A strong microphone presence is essential and there will be auditions for these positions. Any candidate must understand that you must be willing to work every game of the sport you are chosen for (with exceptions).
Gate Attendant/ Ticket Sales – As the Gate Attendant, you are the “face of Athletics” - because the public deals with you first, you have a very important job. You sell tickets and set-up displays, handle all promotions/draw boxes, and fill out summary sheets for attendance and any other duties as required. Cash handling experience is an asset.
Mascot – The mascot of Douglas College is “Roary”. Position requires individual to pump up the crowd and provide a fun atmosphere for all fans and participants. Having fun is rule #1. Mascot and/or dance experience an asset.
Scorekeeper - The scorekeeper is responsible for completing the game scoresheet in accordance to PACWEST/ CCAA sport specific rules. Knowledge of FIBA and FIVB rules is an asset. It includes entering team line-ups/rosters, running tally of the game scores, player points, tracking personal fouls (if applicable), timeouts, etc.
Score clock Operator - The Score Clock Operator is responsible for the operation of the digital/electronic scoreboard. An in depth knowledge of basketball and volleyball is an asset.
Stats Keeper -The Stats Keeper is responsible for tracking all required statistical information and date with the use of a stats software, I.e. PrestoStats. A strong understanding of the rules of basketball/volleyball and an attention to detail and accuracy is essential. High proficiency in data entry is desired as this individual has to quickly transfer game related statistics into the stats software module.
Stats Spotter- As the Stats spotter, your role is to support the Stats keeper by communicating all play by play details and providing statistical information such as rebounds, assists, fouls, steals, etc.
Three Ball Crew (Volleyball Only) – Individuals of the Three Ball Crew are responsible for facilitating and carry-out the “3 ball system” for the spot of volleyball. Individuals will be responsible for collecting balls not in play, providing the serving team with a ball when requested, clean the volleyball court of debris, wet spots, and objections to ensure the safety of the players and officials.
If interested please send your resume to Spencer Harris firstname.lastname@example.org