Douglas College invites fully qualified candidates to apply for this Athletics Events Assistant contract position and join the Royals family. The successful candidate will have the proven experience in the delivery of game day and/or athletic events operations, coupled with an understanding of PACWEST, NWAC and/or CCAA leagues, policies and protocols. Knowledge of student-centered approach to enhance student engagement, enrich the student experience and develop student leadership to foster an inspiring college community and culture is expected.
Athletics Events Assistant
The major responsibilities of this position are:
- Plan, coordinate and facilitate the delivery of Athletics related events, activities and game day operations;
- Develop processes to ensure proficient execution of events, activities and game day operations;
- Develop operational relationships with internal and external stakeholders to adhere to College SOPs, procedures, and protocols including municipal Facility Use policies;
- Deliver game day operations in accordance to the governing organizing sport bodies i.e. CCAA, PACWEST, NWAC, etc.;
- Liaise with the Athletics staff to organize and arrange promotional activities leading up to, during and following the event(s);
- Direct game day staff to ensure exceptional customer service and to foster a professional environment;
- Provide leadership and the ongoing development and improvement of students;
- Liaise with campus Security on documentation for any accidents, incidents, injuries or security related manners that occur during the event;
- Gather, communicate and generate reports of statistical information to the appropriate sources i.e. Royals website, PACWEST website, game sheets, etc.;
- Ensure a safe an environment, facilities and equipment for participants, spectators and staff;
- Monitor and report on event attendance, ticket sales, gate revenue;
- Adhere College SOPs for cash handling, cheque requisition and financial reporting.
Successful candidates must be a team players who work respectfully and cooperatively with the entire Athletics staff.
- Post-secondary education is an asset.
- Available to work during evenings, weekends, holidays on and off campus.
- A demonstrated ability to lead, motivate and inspire students aged 17-25.
- Strong communication, time management and organizational skills.
- Strong computer skills with proficiencies in a variety of computer applications including word processing, spreadsheet development, web based CMS, social media applications i.e. Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, etc.
- Ability to attend departmental meetings.
- Demonstrated ability to initiate, organize and lead Athletics specific activities is an asset.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Access to a vehicle and class V BC Driver’s License is required.
This posting will remain open until July 19th. Submit application, attach resume and cover letter to Brian McLennon, Associate Director, Athletics at firstname.lastname@example.org
Douglas is a post-secondary institution near Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. We have major campuses in New Westminster and Coquitlam and a Training Centre in Surrey.
Douglas offers Bachelor's degrees, associate degrees, post-degree and graduate diplomas, general university- transfer courses in the arts, sciences and business, as well as career programs in health care, human services (Child, Family and Community Studies), business, and creative arts.
We Are Family.